Saturday, November 24, 2012

Joe Vampire by Steven Luna (Book Review)

Synopsis and Cover from Goodreads
Hey, folks. I’m Joe, and I’m a vampire – not by choice, mind you, but by accident…a fate-twisting, fang-creating, blood lust-inducing misunderstanding. It started with a group date, a case of mistaken identity and far too many sake bombers, and ended with a ridiculous set of circumstances that I just can’t seem to wrap my head around.

Maybe you can tell: I’m not real happy about it. But I’m certainly not going to let it get in the way of my life.

So I’ve thrown my ranting into a blog. I’m hanging out my dirty laundry in an effort to explain the real deal about being a card-carrying member of the Undead Elite. Believe me, it’s not all satin capes and naked ladies…none of it is, actually. Instead, it’s just one nasty little surprise after another. The truth bears exposing, and I’m pulling back the curtain on all of it. If I can figure out how to keep it from mowing me over in the process, then that’s groovy, too.

And that thing about vampires sparkling in the sun?

That is a bunch of bull.

My Review: 5-Must Devour

Though this book is not my usual type of book, after reading the synopsis I just couldn't pass it up. I love sarcasm, being highly sarcastic myself, and I love a different take on the vampire. And this book did not disappoint, I was wrapped in a nice fluffy sarcastic blanket from the minute I opened the book until the very end. I loved the idea of a blog dispelling the truths of vampirism, but there was a few things that Joe didn't count on, I can't tell you here though because that would spoil all the fun! And I think that if I ever were to become a vampire I would totally start a blog. Now I know vampires aren't real, but it would be cool non the less. This book was laugh out loud funny and a few times I found myself screaming TMI, but I enjoyed it all the same. This book is very descriptive and I really enjoyed getting inside Joe's head, it is kind of messed up, but still comfortable in a fleece blanket kind of way. Now go out and get your laugh on, go on, go forth and read, read and laugh!

Helpful Links: GoodreadsAmazonBarnes and Noble

Favorite Character Moment:There are many to choose from in this book, but I chose this one because I think it can describe a lot of us!
"You can easily find pieces of all the others in me as a snarky self-deprecating critic, a slightly distant, liberally cursing, sort-of in denial people pleaser just trying to cope with my own stuff" (kindle, loc. 1406).

1 comment:

  1. Hi from Goodreads. I'm following you now.
    This is my link http://onlectus.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete