Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Authors New To Me in 2012


Top Ten Tuesday is an incredibly awesome meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.

Top Ten New to Me Authors of 2012

Before I begin I just have to let everyone know that this is a really hard one for me because I discovered so many authors this year. In fact, I have discovered more new authors this year than any other. But for the sake of this list I am going to try to keep it to ten and focus on those that I truly could not live without. 

Well here goes nothing......

 1. M.R. Merrick
It is really hard to believe that I only discovered his books this year because now that I have read his books it is hard to believe that I haven't always read them. His stories are full of action, magic, amazing characters and mind blowing worlds! His Protector Series is a Must Devour!! I love diving into his crazy vivid imagination where I know I will experience a ride like no other. It seems like he always finds his way onto my lists....hmmm....

2. Jacob Gowans
Hmm...where do I start with this one? Again this is another author I can't believe I haven't always read. His main character Sammy is one of my all time favorites and I can't believe the amount of crap he goes through. Jacob Gowans has created worlds so detailed it is hard to believe I haven't traveled there myself, I don't know how he keeps it all straight, but I am glad that he does. Another Must Devour!!

3. Nikki Jefford
I love magic, but I especially love witches and I absolutely fell in love with the way Nikki Jefford portrayed them in her Spellbound series. Her books remind me why you should never mess with witches. Especially those that have been double crossed! Another one of those Must Devours! I have loved everything she has written. You should see what she has done with the vampire hunter in Aurora Sky!


4. C.A. Kunz
This dynamic duo, mother and son team really excited me with their Childe series, leaving me on the edge of my seat and unfolding the story in a way that always kept me wanting more. Love everything they write and can't wait for more, seriously keep checking for updates on the next in the Childe series!

5. Kendall Grey
Awesome characters, and I do mean awesome, can you say sexy rock star who also happens to have elemental magic! Uh, hell yeah! Absolutely love the way she combined two of my favorite things, elemental magic and dreams. 

6. Andrew Peterson
Action packed, excitement abound, suspense, humor, really this author offers it all. This author kept me guessing until the very end and I found myself biting my nails as the main character got himself in more than a few sticky situations!

7. Lori Brighton
This was the first series I had read involving a mind reader to say I was impressed would be seriously under playing it. Lori Brighton manages to tell her stories in a way that always leaves you guessing and just when you think you know what's going to happen she throws another twist into the story. She always leaves me wanting more and often leaves her books with cliffhanger, which I both love and hate!

8. Carolyn Arnold
I just recently discovered Carolyn Arnold and have only read one of her books, but what an amazing ride it was. I am a huge fan of the show Criminal Minds and to me reading the book was like watching an episode, every bit as vivid, gut wrenching and suspenseful. I currently have her Madsion Knight series on my TBR pile!

9. Steven Luna
Steven Luna is another one of those authors I just recently read, in fact I think I only just discovered him about a month ago and I can't help but ask myself, what did I read for a laugh before him? Seriously, this book is so laugh out loud funny! I really love the way that Steven Luna wrote this book with a no-holds-bar attitude and despite not being my usual type of book, I thoroughly enjoyed it and can't wait for part 2!

10. Kirkus MacGowan
Kirkus MacGowan manages to combine two of my favorite things in his books, I have a lot of favorite things, suspense and a hint of that supernatural, that's not quite supernatural but seems more legend. Either way it totally works. He does a great job of unraveling his characters and really letting you see the story from different POV's, I really love his lead character John Reeves and can't wait to read the next book in the series Wrath!

Well there you have it folks....my Top Ten! Phew....glad that is over! Now I better end this before I find myself seriously second guessing myself. 

Of course there are so many other authors that I discovered this year and loved, but unfortunately there was not enough room for them on the list. I did seriously consider turning my Top Ten into a Top Twenty! 

So what authors have you discovered this year? Are there any on my list? I would love to hear from you!

"Devouring worlds, one book and recipe at a time."

2 comments:

  1. Wow...all authors I haven't heard of! So, totally new to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of these. Man...I feel totally behind!

    Check out my TTT.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete