Friday, August 9, 2013

Free eRead-a-thon Goals Post Link Up


It's here! It's time to check out that list of books, figure out what you want to read, choose those challenges and set those goals. Now don't freak out. This whole idea of setting goals sounds a whole lot more difficult than it really is, trust me. 

So how does it work?

First you decide how much you want to read during the week; do you want to conquer that pile and read 10 books, do you want to shave it down a little and read 5, only have time to read pages? It is all up to you. Read as much as you want or as little as you want. Then tell us. Second, decide if you are going to participate in any challenges or Twitter chats. Tell us. You don't have to be specific, you can just say I plan on doing at least one challenge and participating in one Twitter chat. Easy. It may look something like this...

Wow! It is time to tackle my list of Free books. I have so many to choose from. I am one of those people that grabs a book I think I will like the minute I hear its free, but won't read it until way later. Heck some of them have been on my kindle for a year! So obviously I need this read-a-thon. Since I just started work and next week my life is going to get extra, extra crazy I have decided for the Free eRead I will be reading 3 books and will participate in both Twitter chats. 
*Note: You can even list the books you have chosen to read, but that is definitely not a requirement. If you are like me and read based on your mood, you can totally just say I will read 3 books.

Now that you have created your goals lets talk about tracking your progress. Every day you will need to link up a progress update for the previous day. For example, on Monday you will link up a progress update for Sunday, on Tuesday you will link up your progress for Monday and so on. With a wrap-up post being on the 17th (this sums up what you accomplished and your thoughts on the read-a-thon). These progress updates are how you show your participation. 

So what needs to be in a progress update? Well anything really, it is entirely up to you on what you want to include, but if you are unsure of what to put we have created a template that you can use. Feel free to alter this in any way.

Sunday~
Book Title & Author:
Pages Read:
Genre: 
Goodreads link:
Was the book one that you already had? If not where did you find it? (Share a link if you like)
Would you recommend this book? 
Comments:
Challenges:

Monday~ 
Book Title & Author:
Pages Read:
Genre: 
Goodreads link:
Was the book one that you already had? If not where did you find it? (Share a link if you like)
Would you recommend this book? 
Comments:
Challenges:

Tuesday~
Book Title & Author:
Pages Read:
Genre: 
Goodreads link:
Was the book one that you already had? If not where did you find it? (Share a link if you like)
Would you recommend this book? 
Comments:
Challenges:

Wednesday~
Book Title & Author:
Pages Read:
Genre: 
Goodreads link:
Was the book one that you already had? If not where did you find it? (Share a link if you like)
Would you recommend this book? 
Comments:
Challenges:

Thursday~
Book Title & Author:
Pages Read:
Genre: 
Goodreads link:
Was the book one that you already had? If not where did you find it? (Share a link if you like)
Would you recommend this book? 
Comments:
Challenges:


Now all you have to do is link up your goals in the linky at the bottom of the page!



1 comment:

  1. Oh no I missed the linky *cries* Lol, I was so busy today I totally didn't get around to stopping by until now. That's alright though! Good luck everyone!

    ReplyDelete