Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Facts about Me

Okay so I am sure you have all seen this little number game going around Facebook. You get a number and then you have to come up with facts about yourself that most people don't already know. Earlier this week I was assigned the number 15, I think I did pretty good on them too, if I say so myself. And then I got the number 7, which I haven't answered yet. But I got to thinking, I don't reveal that much of myself on the blog. Unless you follow me on Twitter, then you probably know more than you want to know. Then again maybe not. Anyways, I decided that it would be fun to post them on here so that all you awesome readers could get to know me a little more. (This totally was not my idea, by the way, my friend Stephanie who blogs over at The Book Hipster sort of did it first, and I stole it. Her's was different I swear!)

So prepare yourselves to hear more than you ever wanted to know about Yell...me ;)

1. I am weird. (I know not a secret)
2. I lived in Germany the first 6 years of my life, no I was not born there.
3. I like to draw, but that doesn't mean I'm any good.
4. I am a HUGE procrastinator. (Those that know me can stop laughing, yes I know this is a huge understatement)
5. My first job was as a stone setter (putting stones in jewelry) I was 16
6. I'm shy.....really (stop laughing)
7. I always said I would never get married or have kids (yea, never say never. Lesson learned.)
8. Mountain Dew is my largest vice. I swear that stuff runs in my veins. Give me one and I will be your friend for life.
9. I am a bit of a smarty pants. (*stares at friends* I can still hear you laughing)
10. I swore I would never be a baker. (yea so eating my words)
11. I was published in the 8th grade.
12. I used to have a fascination with all things martial arts. (no I never did any)
13. My favorite childhood movies were The Labyrinth and Top Gun. I knew every word.
14. I am a sap.
15. My best friend Rebecca and I designed our own line of jeans and Dude Ranch.

And now for the 7 was I assigned yesterday....and as my friend Lou over at Relaxed Reads so kindly reminded me, they have to be different than my first 15. So here it goes. *takes deep breath*

1. I never wanted to be a teacher. (Yea I know, I know, never say never.  That never thing keeps rearing its ugly head. Maybe I should try some reverse psychology on it...*closes eyes* I will never be a millionaire! *opens eyes* Nope! Oh well, worth a shot)
2. My husband and I were only dating for about 3 weeks before he proposed. (yes we are still together)
3. My favorite Christmas treat is Lebkuchen. (An awesome German cookie)
4. I ran Track and Cross Country in High School. (I probably couldn't run to the end of the street without dying now)
5. I wanted to be a wildlife zoologist when I grew up. (I'm raising 5 boys, that counts right?!)
6. Technology hates me. (Seriously, you laugh but it's true)
7. My dream car is a 1967 Stingray Corvette! (Dream a Little Dream)

So there you have it, 22 facts about me. Want to share any of yours??

3 comments: